Captain - Temporary / Seasonal - Min exp 2 years - €1120/week - Greece
Skipper - Join the SailTime Charters team in Greece!
Wouldn't you rather be sailing on the same well maintained 51 feet sailboat all season, have the comfort of your own cabin/head and a steady employment instead of having to search for a temporary 7 day job on different charter sailboats each week?
Did you train to work as a professional skipper so you could enjoy the sea, the islands, meting people and showing them the beauty of Greece or did you do all that hard work so you have put up with the uncertainty of "Am I going to work next week? For which company? On what boat? Hopefully somebody will offer me something.."
At SailTime charters we struggle to over the best environment for the skipper and a great experience for the guests. We bend over backwards (and maybe do some flips) to make sure they're happy. We don't ignore their suggestions or requests-we love hearing them as it help us learn, adapt and become better.
We'll be honest. SailTime Charters isn't for everybody. If you hate adapting or if spending hours with customers and brainstorming to find the options that suits them best annoys you, then we're probably not for you. But if you are an enthusiast skipper and you'd like to use your people skills and happy to go the extra mile to make your passengers happy ( and not for convincing a different charter company to use your services next week) then you need to apply.
Our company core values: high customer service, safety, flexibility and professionalism.
Tasks and responsibilities:
You will be responsible for all aspects of running a 4-7 day trip on our sailboat. This includes :
- safety of the vessel and passengers,
- briefing the clients on the yacht, itinerary and options
- customizing the program and itinerary to the customers interests
- socializing with guests
- providing suggestions to the guests for on shore activities, best restaurants, locations ( be their local guide)
- complaint resolution
- maintaining good communications with the managers and respecting their decisions
- helping with yacht preparation on turnaround days to ensure the sailboat is ready for the new guests
- taking care of the vessel itself with all routine maintenance and checks, etc.
• Greek sailing license or Yacht Master with Commercial endorsement
• strong interpersonal skills are essential
• Greek - resident / self-employed or Nat
• perfect knowledge of English
• flexibility, coach-ability and a wish to grow, learn and improve
• ability to deal with a crisis in an efficient & effective manner
• a positive attitude, along with organization and service spirit
• good knowledge of engines, and systems onboard
• remaining calm and professional at all times
• experience as professional skipper on charter boats - minimum 2 years
Salary range : 1050 - 1190 euro per week ; bonus for excellent performers.