Are you in Lisboa? Or maybe close..
Hey, I'm Aksel, I'm 20 years old, and I'm from Copenhagen, Denmark. Currently in lisboa looking for more sailing experience.
I am actually just looking to sail. I really enjoy every part of sailing. I love to Work hard and to be a part of a team working together for whatever goal. But the destination isnt too important for me. I believe funny cultures and good experiences exists everywhere in the World. But at the moment It seems that most sailors in europe are sailing towards canaries/Cape Verde/carribean so i guess i Will follow!
As mentioned i am open to All kinds og sailing but am very interested in gaming some more openwater experience, and if you know some about astronavigation i would be very interested, i am currently learning to use my plastic sextant a bought last week.
I have sailing experience, have been sailing for 3 years, mainly one day trips, and a few 3-7 day trips.
And i have for the past 5 Weeks Been sailing on a 60ft Wooden ketch from Plymouth to Santander. Here i learned alot! I learned about navigation in the dark, cooking in a gally, and how to Work as a team, and keeping a watch schedule.
so im pretty comfortable around the basic aspects of sailing, such as rigging sails, trimming, basic maintenance, standing a night watch etc.
--- Why I want to sail? ---
I enjoy being on the ocean and being able to challenge myself. I want to experience nature and live outside a bigger city, where i have spent the majority of my life so far.
I'm looking forward to work hard in a small community to keep the boat going, looking forward to meet new friends, and gain more openwater experience.
----Why you want me with you!----
Because I'm full of young energy and willpower but with a calm mind. Because I'm eager to learn how to sail on a higher level and because I'm a fun and easy going young guy who is good at making things work.
I'm not a world champion at anything, but I am pretty good at a lot of stuff. And willing to Work hard to learn the rest.
---- what can i bring on board ----
- I have sailing experience, I know how to tie a knot, and trim a sail.
- With my surf and sail experience, i have pretty good understanding of wind
- I'm a good swimmer, and have a lifeguard certificate.
- I'm a decent cook, my father is a professional chef and has brought me with him to the kitchen almost before I was able to walk. So if we need fillet a freshly caught fish, make a great meal from leftovers or make a party meal at the end of our destination i am capable.
- A bright young mind looking to learn and experience
- Eager and willing to participate in every aspects of sailing, cleaning, cooking, repairing, storytelling etc.
- i can bring some funds to make the trip a little cheaper for you
So to some up, I'm a young guy who is looking to gain some sailing experience and some great stories along the way, and I am willing to bring a lot of energy and commitment with me on the boat.
If you find me just the least bit interesting, please don't hesitate to contact me!